Author Topic: Re: Looking for HOA Soundproofing Solutions  (Read 10696 times)

Skip

Re: Looking for HOA Soundproofing Solutions
« on: February 07, 2002, 01:02:07 PM »
Sachiko:

We receive many calls every week from Condo Association members who are having to deal with various sound problems and intrusions. Their problems usually stem from  a lack of CC&R's and or rules set out before one takes title to their new condo property. There do not seem to be any standiardized rules regarding sound and its tranmission regarding Condominiums.Some cities have sound ordinances covering db allowed but do not get into specifics regarding Condo Flooring, Walls and/or Ceilings.

It seems to me that until the buying public demands certain standards regarding sound before the fact and purchase of the property, we will remain a " Buyer Beware " market place.

Sachiko

Looking for HOA Soundproofing Solutions
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 06:00:25 PM »
How can a home owners association help in a complex where impact noise between floors is a major problem? Also, can a HOA do anything to address noisy ground-level central airconditionning units? I'm looking for specific bylaws or complex-wide solutions. All ideas welcome...

Thanks,
Sachiko

bjnash

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 10:29:18 AM »
Check with the "No Noise" organisation.  They have a collection of codes and laws that might help.

http://www.nonoise.org

BJ Nash

Diann30

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 06:43:25 PM »
I search nonoise.org and did not find any model CC&R's or By-Laws for condominium homeowner associations.   :'(

bjnash

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 03:42:07 AM »
Then you need to check with city, county, state ordinances and other Home Owners Associations...

joel

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 06:57:01 PM »
Here is a link to an article that is a great starting point for HOA decisions regarding upstairs/downstairs noise problems: http://bkl.ca/sites/bkl/files/flooring_in_multi-family_dwellings.pdf

anything