Author Topic: sound proofing pressure washer and air compressor  (Read 6546 times)

lukenorris

sound proofing pressure washer and air compressor
« on: December 08, 2006, 06:08:20 AM »
I have a home snow making system.  In order to run it at the coldest temps of the night, I need to have the noise turned down.  You know when its cold the noise seems to carry further.   

My pressure washer is really noisy and my air compressor is also.  I'd like to put them in seperate boxs.  I have little skills with wood working.  My pressure washer works on gas and the air compressor is electric.  If you think I can get this done.  Let me know!

Luke
in atlanta

joel

Re: sound proofing pressure washer and air compres
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 11:48:01 PM »
Hi Luke,
If you can have a carpenter build you the boxes of MDF board, you would then line the inside surfaces with SSP Mat to absorb and block sound within the contained space.  If it is still too noisy then add a layer of MLV (1/8") to the outside surfaces of the box to barrier the remaining sound.  You can do this!  For info and pricing of SSP Mat see first product at http://www.soundproofing.org/sales/prices.html  and the MLV (without foam backing) is the fourth product on the prices page.
Joel

anything