Author Topic: Soundproofing a room to stop noise getting out  (Read 5277 times)

Will

Soundproofing a room to stop noise getting out
« on: December 18, 2000, 03:12:28 PM »
Hi,
I'm interested in soundproofing my room so noise doesnt get out. What materials could i use and where would i put it? Also, could i move the stuff about in my room to help a bit? How much is it likely to cost?
Help would greatly be appreciated
Will

bjnash

Re: Soundproofing a room to stop noise getting out
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2000, 05:31:34 AM »
: Hi,
: I'm interested in soundproofing my room so noise doesnt get out. What materials could i use and where would i put it? Also, could i move the stuff about in my room to help a bit? How much is it likely to cost?
: Help would greatly be appreciated
: Will
This is likely to require some remodeling for the maximum effect.  You don't mention the type of noise, so I'll guess it's a musical instrument!(?)
See the web page below as a starting point.

Edward E. Watkins

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2000, 08:12:24 PM »
: I'm interested in soundproofing my room so noise doesnt get out. What materials could i use and where would i put it? Also, could i move the stuff about in my room to help a bit? How much is it likely to cost?

Ron Roibinson

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2000, 07:44:34 PM »

Ron Robinson

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2000, 07:48:58 PM »
: : Hi,
: : I'm interested in soundproofing my room so noise doesnt get out. What materials could i use and where would i put it? The room measures roughly 7 ft x 10 ft. it's a room added on in the conner of the garage. How much is it likely to cost?
: : Help would greatly be appreciated
: : Will