Author Topic: Soundproofing doors of adjoining rooms  (Read 6992 times)

inn owner

Soundproofing doors of adjoining rooms
« on: April 06, 2007, 09:31:45 AM »
What is the best solution to soundroof a doorway btween two adjoining rooms?  Is there an affordable door that would work best suh as an exterior door like between a garage and a house?  Or is it best to keep the solid doors and put some type of insulation and seals in cavity between two doors?   

Hickory_Stick

Re: Soundproofing doors of adjoining rooms
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 05:47:55 AM »
What is the best solution to soundroof a doorway btween two adjoining rooms?  Is there an affordable door that would work best suh as an exterior door like between a garage and a house?  Or is it best to keep the solid doors and put some type of insulation and seals in cavity between two doors?   

Just go to
http://www.soundproofing.org/infopages/soundproofing_doors.htm

Hick

johnbergstromslc

Re: Soundproofing doors of adjoining rooms
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 03:21:39 AM »
Well, by your login name [inn owner] I'm assuming you own an inn.  (Yes, I know, I'm brilliant at deductive logic.....)

If the goal is to simply reduce the noise passing from hallway to room to enhance guests privacy, then installing heavy, solid-core doors with perimeter seals and sweeps will probably be good enough.  The trick is installing a raised threshold (to provide a good, flat surface for the sweep) that doesn't look hideous or causes people to trip....     

anything