Super Soundproofing Community Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our forum specially upgraded for faster searching and a higher level of soundproofing information.

Your question may have already been answered!
Use your KEYWORD in our search function before posting a query!
This forum is operated as a public service by the Super Soundproofing Co, whose experts are standing by to help you with any soundproofing situation.

Author Topic: Airport Noise  (Read 6979 times)

artah

Airport Noise
« on: April 09, 2007, 07:03:53 PM »

I would like to reduce noise from my local airport. I live near O'Hare in Chicago and I'm interested in the options I have to eliminate noise from the frequent jets that are landing and taking off near my home. I don't have any free time of my own so I'm looking for something that can be inexpensively installed and yet silence a significant portion of the noise. I've heard that the city is actually willing to pay a percentage of the cost so if you'd happen to know anything about that please share with me what you might know.

johnbergstromslc

Re: Airport Noise
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 02:28:39 AM »

Focus on the windows first, they are the weak link.  A second set of windows installed in the same opening is the most cost-effective solution.  Isn't the most aesthetically pleasing look, but for extreme sound like yours on a limited budget, there aren't a lot of options. 

Then make sure you have heavy, solid-core entry doors with good seals. 

Those two things should help a lot.

Sarahs

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 09:45:37 PM »

Considering my experience with OptiXshield I think you might have very good results with their products. I had a system installed to reduce noise from a nearby expressway and now my home is virtually silent. I had no idea their system could make such a difference. Their installers were courteous and quick to finish their very professional looking work. In addition to the silence I can now enjoy, my utility bills have significantly decreased. This, I later found out, was due to the insulating properties of the system installed. They service most of the Chicago area so give them a call, I think they give free estimates. Their web address is www.optixshield.com.
Let me know if this helps.

gcgzxn

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 09:40:31 AM »

we are chinese sound insulation material company,we sell specialiezed soundproof felt and pad ,which used for all kinds of places ,and have good insulation effects.if you like ,we can offer sound proofing materials and decoration techonology ,we are sure you can get a quiet room.for more information about us,please look www.szhuadie.com,our tel is 86755-88355264.guo.

Michael R

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 04:02:22 PM »

Start to work with your windows first it may be that windows is that only thing you need to soundproof.

see this link:http://www.soundproofing.org/sales/magnetseal_windows.htm

joel

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 06:29:34 PM »

And if you want laminated glass interior window adds call these people:
http://soundproofwindows.com/