Author Topic: Soundproofing a detached garage  (Read 3085 times)

oneamongnothing

Soundproofing a detached garage
« on: April 28, 2007, 05:17:23 PM »
I have a 2 car detached garage I have built a band room in. I have 2 walls of insulation covered by wafer board. I want to make it so the sound does not escape to outside. But, I am on a budget. Can someone tell me what the best way to go to soundproof my band room so I don't make the newghbors angry? Also, how do I keep the low frequencies under control?

logansc

Re: Soundproofing a detached garage
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 12:56:42 AM »
It really depends on how soundproofed you want it, but I assume like me you want it done cheaply. I would just cover the place in either studio foam wedgies or something, or the mlv (both on this site), and then for the low frequencies get some foam bass traps and set them around the area especially where bassy instruments will be located (i think those are on here, but if not try musiciansfriend.com). Now if you want it done really good, then I would do either all or most of the things that he recommends on this site for garage soundproofing (link on frontpage). I know you may know some of this stuff already, but I wrote like you didn't just incase.

anything