Author Topic: Is the following scenario even possible?  (Read 2941 times)

Gary J Blydenburgh Jr

Is the following scenario even possible?
« on: December 18, 2000, 05:58:31 PM »
I have a basement that is MAYBE 6ft in height. The ceiling is unfinished with exposed forced hot water heating pipes attached to the floor joists.  I am remortaring my stone foundation and painting over it with an oil based waterproofing paint.  I am trying to figure out if I can sound proof this basement enough to play a full accoustic drumset with out disturbing the upstairs or my neighbors.  Can this be done if so what type of materials would I use?

bjnash

Re: Is the following scenario even possible?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2000, 05:36:39 AM »
: I have a basement that is MAYBE 6ft in height. The ceiling is unfinished with exposed forced hot water heating pipes attached to the floor joists.  I am remortaring my stone foundation and painting over it with an oil based waterproofing paint.  I am trying to figure out if I can sound proof this basement enough to play a full accoustic drumset with out disturbing the upstairs or my neighbors.  Can this be done if so what type of materials would I use?
Yes, this can be done with the proper care, attention to detail and knowing what you are doing.  First, get the book.  (Listed below).  if there are windows, that adds issues to the equation.  Also, see the webpage at  http://www.soundproofing.org/infopages/Music_room.htm