Author Topic: water pressure booster pump  (Read 5777 times)

fred

water pressure booster pump
« on: August 20, 2007, 03:47:16 PM »
Added a booster pump to my water main in line because couldn't flush and shower at the same time. Pump works great but it's in a utility closet in the basement and the constant on and off of the pump noise and vibration to the the living room directly above is more than just annoying. The pump is Simer 3/4 HP mounted to a temporary shelf in the closet and has 1 " brass/ copper water in and water out lines as well as the electrical cord. Pump fins obviously need to have circulating air so it doesn't burn. What can i do? How can I enclose this to re reduce the noise?

joef

Re: water pressure booster pump
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 03:26:53 PM »
Fred,
I hope someone answers your question. I have the exact same issue, except mine is also connected to the sprinkler system. So far I put a cardboard box with the white foam packing material around the pump. It didn't help. I hope the information on this site helps.

Joe

bjnash

Re: water pressure booster pump
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 05:32:46 PM »
Fred,
I hope someone answers your question. I have the exact same issue, except mine is also connected to the sprinkler system. So far I put a cardboard box with the white foam packing material around the pump. It didn't help. I hope the information on this site helps.

Joe

White foam will not help- try wrapping the pump with MLV with closed cell backing as found at
http://www.soundproofing.org/infopages/flooring.htm

They sell it by the lineal ft. so it will be cheap to double or triple wrap it.  Hold it on with wire or ty-wraps.

BJ Nash
Super Soundproofing Senior Technical Advisor

Ph: (760) 752-3030    FAX: (760) 752-3040
E-mail: bjnash@soundproofing.org
Anytime  (888) 942-7723
Visit us at: www.soundproofing.org