Author Topic: garage conversion  (Read 2980 times)

giutaraudio

garage conversion
« on: September 07, 2007, 05:46:10 AM »
I am building a room inside my garage, here are my plans so far and please let me know if you have any suggestions

I am using up the left side of my garage in my parents house and my space to work with is 25x10, all the garage walls are concrete blocks except for the garage doors.

Here is my plan for the walls:

studs
isotape on every other stud
1/2" drywall
green glue
1/2" drywall

The left and back wall will be touching the current walls, but the front (garage door side) and right wall (middle of the garage) will not be touching any part of the garage walls

I may or may not put MLV on the studs before the isotape on the front and right wall, but the shipping costs seem very expensive

I have only a few ideas on what I plan to do with the ceiling or the floor, but nothing close to definite yet, any suggestions?

bjnash

Re: garage conversion
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 05:01:53 PM »
I am building a room inside my garage, here are my plans so far and please let me know if you have any suggestions

I am using up the left side of my garage in my parents house and my space to work with is 25x10, all the garage walls are concrete blocks except for the garage doors.

Here is my plan for the walls:

studs
isotape on every other stud
1/2" drywall
green glue
1/2" drywall

The left and back wall will be touching the current walls, but the front (garage door side) and right wall (middle of the garage) will not be touching any part of the garage walls

I may or may not put MLV on the studs before the isotape on the front and right wall, but the shipping costs seem very expensive

I have only a few ideas on what I plan to do with the ceiling or the floor, but nothing close to definite yet, any suggestions?

You need a far better plan!  To start, see
http://www.soundproofing.org/infopages/Music_room.htm

BJ Nash

anything