Author Topic: Picnic Park Bass Music  (Read 3867 times)

Trouble in PA

Picnic Park Bass Music
« on: September 15, 2007, 04:42:34 PM »
So, I'm very relieved that summer is almost over because we live in townhome here in PA that's too close to a picnic park. The bass sounds drives me insane. We have lived here for 5 years and it's been such a source of stress. We replaced old windows, but that hasn't helped at all. We were going to try soundproff windows, but they are so expensive that we don't want to spend the money only to find out that's not where all the noise is coming from. We're not that close to the park- a creek seperates us- but the bass seems to come through the attic, the walls and the windows. They only play during the day, so a lot of people are at work and not bothered it that much. I can't imagine how it doesn't drive everyone that is home crazy, but it's been this way for years.

I guess my question is how you can tell where the noise is coming from. Are there any devises to help you narrow it down? I can here the bass in my hallway away from all the windows and doors. I cannot tell you how much aggravation in causes me. Appreciate any help or advise!

johnbergstromslc

Re: Picnic Park Bass Music
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 11:54:50 PM »
Well, the windows are by far the 'leakiest' part of any building.  To kill the noise, you need to have the panes of glass as far apart as possible (biggest airspace).  In a normal window, that usually only amounts to 1/2", at most.  To be effective, put in another window with 2+" airspace.  It's not very practical in the summer, but a storm window will help too.