Author Topic: music - sound proofing  (Read 3082 times)

rawer

music - sound proofing
« on: September 25, 2007, 11:40:04 AM »
Hy
we have a friends club with sound problem.
Rectangular room, concrete ceilings,  2 small homey speakers (we not playing music too loud) are hanged on the 2 corners up (4 m high ceilings)  and a wooden door between the room and the stairway.  There is also ventilation pipes that go through the walls and may pass vibrations all the way up.
My neighbours are getting crazy, the say on the flat above that the floor vibrates and I can clearly here from the stairway the bases.
I thout of blocking the door completely (there is another entrance) using mdf maybe ?
Any suggestions?

thanks

johnbergstromslc

Re: music - sound proofing
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 02:37:26 AM »
First thing you should do is get the speakers off the walls and mount them on stands. 

"Too loud" is a subjective judgment.  If your neighbors think it's too loud, it is.

gcg1408

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 01:32:40 PM »
we ar e professional dealing with house noise pollution,and the soundproof felt we produce and sell has good sound insulation effect.it can to a large extent stop the noise from outside and you can enjoy your room well.please contact us,we can help you.

mobile:86-15818740791.  mail:liferomatic@126.com

bjnash

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 03:16:51 AM »
we ar e professional dealing with house noise pollution,and the soundproof felt we produce and sell has good sound insulation effect.it can to a large extent stop the noise from outside and you can enjoy your room well.please contact us,we can help you.

mobile:86-15818740791.  mail:liferomatic@126.com

Tell us more!  What is this magical felt?  Where is the website?  Is this the same felt as found at Home Depot? 

Hey!

johnbergstromslc

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 11:29:02 PM »
Yeah, sounds pretty screwy to me too.  'Soundproof felt' is a contradiction in terms.  It's not even really that good in isolating vibration, either.

anything