Author Topic: Soundproof single house near road  (Read 5120 times)

Soundproof single house near road
« on: October 22, 2007, 01:50:22 AM »
I live farily close to a road, where cars will go 55-60 mph.  IT is only one or two cars at a time, in small amounts.  I have over an acre of land and the side of my house is all open.  I have no trees, no fence...nothing, since its a new home.  I will be inquiring about landscapers and fences.  Any suggestions?  Also, any help with types of trees would be helpful, as I will sugest these to the landscapers, if they dont know about thm already.  I live in southern New Jeresy, if that helps at all.  The road is more of a country road....Thanks!  :o

Re: Soundproof single house near road
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 05:34:52 AM »
Move.  You wont be happy there.  Save any money you were going to use towards sound proofing and put the house up for sale. 

Re: Soundproof single house near road
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 04:22:22 PM »
Trees, etc will not really work for what you want to achieve.  An 8' high concrete block wall (also contrete filled) will give you the best results - that's why you see concrete sound barrier walls near freeways.  The closer to the sound source the better they work.  For your windows you could use an interior glass or acrylic panel to improve them - for info on a good solution see the ManetSeal system at 
You can also improve the sound blocking ability of your room's walls with another layer of dry wall and Green Glue.  For info on Green Glue see