Author Topic: Green Glue vs. Quiet Rock  (Read 3897 times)

clboswell

Green Glue vs. Quiet Rock
« on: January 04, 2008, 06:40:40 PM »
From the information I've read here, it looks like these two perform equally well, assuming you are using the recommended 3 tubes per 4x8 5/8" sheet rock combination with the GG, or the 5/8" Quiet Rock. Apples to apples and all of that. The only drawback I have heard concerning Quiet Solution is the cost comparison. So here's my question. I have a wall that will require (8) 4x8 sheets to cover. I am leaving the existing sheet rock up, and applying one of these solutions over it. I will need two cases of GG, at $175 per case, plus the 8 sheets of standard 5/8" sheet rock at $9 per sheet, for a total of $422. Or, I can purchase (8) sheets of 4x8 5/8" Quiet Rock, at $50 per panel, for a total of $400. So actually, aside from shipping, the cost are very comparable.

1. Does all of this information seem correct? And if so, wouldn't it seem more time effective to go with the Quiet Rock and avoid the mess of dealing with Green Glue?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Crystal

johnbergstromslc

Re: Green Glue vs. Quiet Rock
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 09:05:50 PM »
Even if the economics are similiar on the surface, you still need to factor in the cost of mistakes and waste.

Mistakes with Quietrock will be a LOT more expensive than with Green Glue.