Author Topic: What are reslient clips?  (Read 4406 times)


  • Guest
What are reslient clips?
« on: January 20, 2008, 02:26:39 AM »
I am a pipefitter in the construction industry.  I have just started a new job in las vegas and the prints call for all of the 3 5/8" metal stud walls to have resilient clips on one side.  They say they are 1/2" deep and 24" on center perpendicular to the vertical studs.  My question is:  How do these prevent noise?  Is an extra 1/2" of dead air space going to accomplish that much??? Thanks for any input!



  • Guest
Re: What are reslient clips?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 12:57:54 AM »
The plans are probably referring to resilient channel, or RC-1.  It's a metal rolled channel that attaches to the stud and provided you only screw the drywall into the channel, it keeps the drywall from forming a rigid connection and it really kills a lot of the vibration and noise versus a regular installation of drywall.

Here's a page:

Randy S

  • Guest
Re: What are reslient clips?
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 04:46:10 PM »
Just a side note, when using RC-1/RC-2 resilient channel or drywall furring channel(DWFC) if you apply a layer of Isolation padding tape to the channel you will improve the decoupling and reduce more vibration.
See this link to learn more.