Super Soundproofing Community Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our forum specially upgraded for faster searching and a higher level of soundproofing information.

Your question may have already been answered!
Use your KEYWORD in our search function before posting a query!
This forum is operated as a public service by the Super Soundproofing Co, whose experts are standing by to help you with any soundproofing situation.

Author Topic: Soundproof Door  (Read 5201 times)

rat69

Soundproof Door
« on: March 04, 2008, 06:29:05 PM »

Does anybody knows a manufacturer for metal soundproof doors?
I found a couple but they work locally and I am working in a prototype building that will be built around the country.
These local business don't just sell the door, they have to install it, and in this case that is a problem.
I am looking for a system (door and frame that can be delivered all over the country).
I know that a bad installation can ruin the purpose but I guess I need to trust the GC.
I need a single door, 48" wide and 84" high, hollow metal frame and leaf.

admin

Re: Soundproof Door
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 01:37:39 AM »

Does anybody knows a manufacturer for metal soundproof doors?
I found a couple but they work locally and I am working in a prototype building that will be built around the country.
These local business don't just sell the door, they have to install it, and in this case that is a problem.
I am looking for a system (door and frame that can be delivered all over the country).
I know that a bad installation can ruin the purpose but I guess I need to trust the GC.
I need a single door, 48" wide and 84" high, hollow metal frame and leaf.

See
http://www.overly.com/door/index.cfm?curPage=acoustical

bj nash

johnbergstromslc

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 03:15:51 AM »

A 'hollow soundproof door' is an oxymoron.  You need to have mass, lots of it.

Consider installing double doors with a soundlock instead. You can achieve a much higher STC than what you can get with a single door.

rat69

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 09:40:42 PM »

Thanks for the answers.

YaBB,
That link was very usefull. I called them and they have what I need. Thanks again.

joel

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 07:55:50 PM »

Overly doors makes a good one (see previous response).  Also Krieger doors are excellent.  Here's their link
www.kriegerproducts.com/