Author Topic: TV enclosure  (Read 3802 times)


  • Guest
TV enclosure
« on: October 30, 2005, 05:08:45 AM »
We cut a hole in the den wall and will put the TV in it.  It will be extending into the shop behind the den.  We are going to build a plywood or sheetrock box around it.  The box will have to have ventilation holes in it.  What should we use for insulation so the sound can't be heard in the shop?  Also, by chance, does anyone know how much air space we need around the TV?  The TV is about 4' x 4' x 3'.  Thanks.

Randy S

  • Senior Soundproofing Technical Specialist
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 819
    • Super Soundproofing Co
Re: TV enclosure
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 05:02:58 PM »
Use SSP Mat (closed cell foam) to line the inside of the box.
Randy Sieg

Super Soundproofing Co
Ph. 760-752-3030