Author Topic: selfish neighbours  (Read 3907 times)

jobo

selfish neighbours
« on: December 27, 2008, 07:56:33 AM »
HI all, out of desperation trawling te' internet looking for solutions to our problem. Seems like a decent site albeit american based.

We have what is now - a serious problem with our neighbours - totally unreasonable to the point of threatening..dare we 'complain' again. Problem is our semi-detached...throughout the night slamming doors and then kids banging on the walls and their laminate flooring.

Any advice. So bad is the problem we've put our house up for sale. In the meantime, the noise level is so bad its driving myself,partner and our baby quite mad. Authorities useless..as unless its a constant noise ie music

So, question, looking at these products...could some kind soul please inform me of a simple, easy  and..yes...cheap...method of at least soundproofing one room. And the floor...again, baring in mind our house is for sale and people coming around viewing. Was thinking along the lines of eggbox cartons stuck to some board which i could simply sit by the wall..dont laugh...any better solutions..please advise.

johnbergstromslc

Re: selfish neighbours
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 11:59:35 PM »
There are lots of cheap and easy 'solutions' out there, unfortunately none of them work...

Since you're apparently not looking to plant permanent roots or spend a lot of money, you're on the right track - sell the house and get the hell out of there.  Try to upgrade to a single-family home or move next to old people who won't drive you up the wall.

Or, if you decide to invest some respectible money in soundproofing (either at your current residence or new one) then you'll be able to get some useful advice and not waste time or money on futile efforts. 

anything