Author Topic: SSP Vibration Isolation Pads  (Read 6450 times)

ozznet

SSP Vibration Isolation Pads
« on: January 17, 2009, 05:49:22 PM »
When ever I'm laying on the couch or bed and my neighbors playing music I can hear it if my head is resting on the surface. I can't hear it if I'm sitting up though. If I put these Vibration Isolation Pads under the feet of my couch would it stop vibrations coming up through the concrete floor in my condo into the couch?
Thanks

Randy S

Re: SSP Vibration Isolation Pads
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 07:22:47 PM »
The vibration pads with cork centers should work for you, the more decoupling from the structure the greater the reduction of vibration. Sounds to me like your not dealing with a major noise issue so this should work just fine.
http://www.soundproofing.org/infopages/vibrationpads.htm#Vib

Kersey

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 04:25:17 PM »
I have a similar problem  but infra-sound or ultra-sound, it's vibration anyway and it's keeping me awake, can you cancel this out or reduce it by placing pads under the bed? 
It's a paranoid schizophrenic neighbour generating this noise/frequency, can't really determine the source whether external/from his house, can really feel it through the floor though.
TIA

Randy S

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 04:42:21 PM »
Yes, by decoupling the bed from the floor and wall will give some reduction from the vibration getting to you. What will be left is the ambient emitting from the structure itself.