Author Topic: Effects of Noise pollution on ecosystem  (Read 9742 times)

Juliewells

Effects of Noise pollution on ecosystem
« on: February 03, 2009, 04:53:34 AM »
Pollution is the introduction of contaminants into an environment that causes instability, disorder, harm or discomfort to the physical systems or living organisms. Noise pollution (or environmental noise) is displeasing human- or machine-created sound that disrupts the activity or balance of human or animal life. A common form of noise pollution is from transportation, principally motor vehicles. The word "noise" comes from the Latin word "noxia" meaning "injury" or "hurt".

Sound pollution have adverse effects on ecosystem. Scientists have found that 40 percent of the locations around the world are contaminated with human-generated noise. As a result, animals can no longer make themselves heard, compromising mating calls and warning cries.

Research conducted by Cornell University found that an increasingly noisy ocean has impeded the ability of whales to navigate and communicate. Shipping traffic is the major problem in popular whale migration and feeding routes.

supersoundproofing

• Administrator
  • I love Super Soundproofing!
    • Super Soundproofing Co
Re: Effects of Noise pollution on ecosystem
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 04:01:54 AM »
Noise pollution is real, but we haven't found a way to soundproof the ocean yet!
Super Soundproofing Co
www.soundproofing.org

whatismisophonia

Re: Effects of Noise pollution on ecosystem
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 08:56:33 AM »
Allot of issue is in our wonderfull gas powered engines.  Eventually, if we dont kill ourselves before then, we will be able to replace such outdated mechanisms altogether with much more low cost economical ones.  Of course, the issue is weather or not capitalism will allow that.  Now dont get me wrong, i will admit that the system had to be necessary in order to use the basic principle of trade to bring together large amounts of wealth, but we have to admit that the system is too flawed to be the all encompassing perfect method of the future.  I heard there is a law in place that has put a cap on how fuel efficient cars can be allowed to be made, because not enough money is being made. This kinda has to change before we can stop polluting everything with all our noise and stupidity.