Author Topic: 5' x 7' control room in basement studio  (Read 3132 times)

tivers

5' x 7' control room in basement studio
« on: February 06, 2009, 05:36:41 AM »
Hello everybody, I just found this forum tonight while searching for ways to improve my current basement soundproofing project.  After reading some of the threads in this forum, I realize I should of done more research or hired a professional. 

Here's what I have so far...  I've build a control room for my basement studio (5' x 7').  I framed the room with 2 x4 's, then attached 3/4 inch plywood on the outside walls and ceiling, then stuffed R-15 insulation throughout, and 5/8 drywall on both sides of the walls and ceiling.  I installed a pre hung interior door (6 panel) that I purchased at Home Depot (I plan on attaching 3" pyramid acoustic foam on the inside of the door).  I also bought some 1 inch thick bulletproof glass (24" x 36") that I'm going to use for a window.

My goal is to create a soundproof control room in my basement (ten feet away from live drums, guitars, etc) Am I on the right track or am I wasting my time.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Juliewells

Re: 5' x 7' control room in basement studio
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 10:15:30 AM »
The stuff you are using for your purpose is fine, just make sure that it is of fine quality