Author Topic: Soundproofing floorboards / firewall of a truck  (Read 4760 times)

J Hilton

Soundproofing floorboards / firewall of a truck
« on: May 31, 2001, 04:50:26 PM »
I looked through most of the posts, and I didn't see any posts on automotive soundproofing. I am looking for the best material to use for soundproofing the firewall and floorboard of a diesel truck. It would also be nice to have some vibration damping qualities. Any suggestions or ideas.

bjnash

Re: Soundproofing floorboards / firewall of a truck
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2001, 03:19:18 PM »
: I looked through most of the posts, and I didn't see any posts on automotive soundproofing. I am looking for the best material to use for soundproofing the firewall and floorboard of a diesel truck. It would also be nice to have some vibration damping qualities. Any suggestions or ideas.
Sure, use the stuff made for that: Super SOundproofing Floormat. It comes also with a foam backing for vibration damping quality.  I'd be happy to put our little aircraft soundproofing booklet  in the mail to you. or you can download it from the website.  While it's written for soundproofing airplanes, the principals apply to many other autommotive applications!  http://www.soundproofing.org/infopages/soundprf.html