Author Topic: Soundproofing my wall.  (Read 3150 times)


  • Guest
Soundproofing my wall.
« on: May 18, 2009, 04:53:33 PM »
Hey everyone.

I want to soundproof my bedroom. I only need to soundproof one wall (all others have lawn outside em).

It has to be decent stuff and needs to block out all party noise (loud music).
I'm not looking for amateur carpeted walls and all that nonsense.
I need the real deal.

No sound can travel into the house at all.

I play guitar/drums too, and want to block most of that noise out through the wall.
So yeah I'm looking to block out decently loud sounds.

Any ideas on what type of soundproofing I should use?
I don't know much about it.
I also live in Australia but that Acoustica company seems decent.

What type of soundproofing will I need?


Randy S

  • Guest
Re: Soundproofing my wall.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 06:39:13 PM »
I understand you would like to just soundproof one wall and have these awesome results but, that is not the case. The ceiling joist and floor systems are shared with the rest of the house therefore if you dont address these transmission paths you will not achieve the desired results.
When dealing with Drums and bass guitar remember that LF will only be reduced with decoupling from the structure and Mass. Your results will entirely depend on treating the room as a whole, decoupling and soundproofing it equally.
Feel free to contact our office if you would to discuss this in more detail.