Super Soundproofing Community Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need an answer right now? Go to http://soundproofing.org, or,  FEEDBACK

Or call us toll-free at 888-942-7723 8-5 Pacific time Weekdays. 

If we're not in, send a email to supersoundproofing@gmail.com

You can get a free report on soundproofing by going  HERE

MAINSITE

Author Topic: Australian acrylic & magnetic strip suppliers  (Read 3720 times)

KeithAndVanessa

Australian acrylic & magnetic strip suppliers
« on: May 26, 2009, 06:59:27 AM »

Hi,

Anybody know where to source the supplies needed for doing a window in Australia?

Hobartian

Re: Australian acrylic & magnetic strip suppliers
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 06:35:03 AM »

I live in Hobart Australia and I am considering insulating my single glaze windows using six millimeter acrylic panels.    There is a shop in Hobart who will supply and cut the panels for an approxiate cost of $124 a square meter.   I haven't found a local supplier for the magnetic tape but I am hoping to buy it from this web site and have it posted to me.

I got a quote to have the Magnetite system installed but the cost was prohibitive.   If I can source the materials I will be able to do the job for a third of the price.

Adrian

Re: Australian acrylic & magnetic strip suppliers
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 11:17:56 PM »

Dear Hobartian,

I understand that the operator in Tasmania charges appoximatley $400 per squre meter.  Depending on the size of the job this might vary slightly. 

Make sure you add up the cost of importing sections from overseas with the cost of your cut acryilc and the fact that you would then need to install it yourself.  Also keep in mind that having a trained installer may save you headaches in the end as things are not always as easy as they seem.

If you do attempt to try it yourself remember to map out handles and locks on your first window, blind location and whether you need divides in the window - before you start.  This is something that people often forget.  Also ensure your acrylic supplier offers a warranty on their product against yellowing, discolouration and crazing.  In Australia we offer a 7 year warranty on the installation and parts.

Good Luck

Regards
Adrian Lafleur

Magnetite (Australia) Pty Ltd
www.magnetite.com.au