Author Topic: noise through brick wall  (Read 3954 times)

Jim Fleming

noise through brick wall
« on: June 03, 2001, 12:27:33 PM »
I live in a townhouse which has a double brick common wall separating me from my neighbour. The neighbour's plumbing is embedded in a channel in the wall and creates a lot of noise when water is flowing. Most of the noise is comming through the brick wall but some noise is being transmitted through the concrete slab floor and ceiling.  It isn't possible to get to the pipes without removing the neighbours bathroom. The only feasible option seems to be a secondary wall in my townhouse. My rooms are small and I don't want to loose too much space. Any advice on the best type of construction and materials would be much appreciated.

Dale

Re: noise through brick wall
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2001, 11:18:25 PM »
: I live in a townhouse which has a double brick common wall separating me from my neighbour. The neighbour's plumbing is embedded in a channel in the wall and creates a lot of noise when water is flowing. Most of the noise is comming through the brick wall but some noise is being transmitted through the concrete slab floor and ceiling.  It isn't possible to get to the pipes without removing the neighbours bathroom. The only feasible option seems to be a secondary wall in my townhouse. My rooms are small and I don't want to loose too much space. Any advice on the best type of construction and materials would be much appreciated.
If your neighbour is at all friendly, you could suggest a reduction in the water pressure,  This would cut cown on some of the noise of flowing water.

anything