Author Topic: Has anyone tried these?  (Read 2888 times)

no noise please

Has anyone tried these?
« on: October 17, 2009, 03:51:43 PM »
I'm thinking about trying a few different things for different purposes, hopefully at least one will work-something for sleeping, reading, and watching/listening to my own tv and music and not my neighbors'.

Has anyone tried white noise cd's or mp3's from Pure White Noise? Looks interesting. They offer sample audio tracks but they're not long enough to test. Some seem pretty good with headphones and volume adjustment.

Anyone tried professional dj headsets for noise isolation? Or is noise cancelling the way to go to block out noisy neighbors. Audio Technica's ATH_PRO 700SV Professional Monitor Headphones for $119 looks promising. They are supposed to have good ambient noise isolation in loud environments.

For sleeping/reading I hope the speakerless headsets on this site will help with an additional fan or white noise.

Thanks, any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

susan

Re: Has anyone tried these?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 03:21:44 PM »
hi....i recently posted about my landlord spending thousands of $$, but didn't receive much response, so it looks like i'm on my own re the airborne noise upstairs.....i just purchased an ecotones device, and so far, i'm enormously impressed (though my neighbor is out of town, and the real test won't begin until he gets back home).....the sound choices are incredibly lifelike, and if you call the manufacturer in campbell, california, you'll get a real live person who will spend as much time as you need answering your questions/concerns.....here's the link ~

http://ecotones.com/

good luck, susan

no noise please

Re: Has anyone tried these?
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 04:01:31 PM »
Thanks Susan,

I have checked out that website and despite some negative criticism from some people because of the repeating loop effect, it looks interesting.

Has your neighbor returned? I am curious if you feel it works for you.