Author Topic: garage  (Read 3478 times)

Ed

garage
« on: March 14, 2002, 01:41:11 AM »
My neighbour's garabe is underneath my bedroom.
Every time he turns on and off the garage,
I will be shaked from sleep.
Is there any way I can reduce that noise from my level?
BTW, I have carpet and padding on my floor.
Any suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks
Ed Liu

boborther

Re: garage
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2002, 06:01:14 PM »
Ed,
The only thing I can recommend is that you take up the existing carpet and pad, then lay down a layer of mass loaded vinyl mat. This is a 1/8" thick vinyl material that has a 1/4" foam backing. After placing this mat on the sub floor and caulking any gaps or seams, then replace your padding and carpet. this should give you a marked difference in soundproofing. If you need further assistance call me at (760) 749-7049.
Bob O
www.soundproofing.org

Ed

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2002, 02:39:15 AM »
: Ed,
:  The only thing I can recommend is that you take up the existing carpet and pad, then lay down a layer of mass loaded vinyl mat. This is a 1/8" thick vinyl material that has a 1/4" foam backing. After placing this mat on the sub floor and caulking any gaps or seams, then replace your padding and carpet. this should give you a marked difference in soundproofing. If you need further assistance call me at (760) 749-7049.
: Bob O
: www.soundproofing.org

Do you have any sub contractor that can do this job in Bay area CA???
thanks a lot!!!

Ed

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2002, 02:41:58 AM »
: : Ed,
: :  The only thing I can recommend is that you take up the existing carpet and pad, then lay down a layer of mass loaded vinyl mat. This is a 1/8" thick vinyl material that has a 1/4" foam backing. After placing this mat on the sub floor and caulking any gaps or seams, then replace your padding and carpet. this should give you a marked difference in soundproofing. If you need further assistance call me at (760) 749-7049.
: : Bob O
: : www.soundproofing.org
:
: Do you have any sub contractor that can do this job in Bay area CA???
: thanks a lot!!!
Is this a special vinyl? or I can purchase from
home depot???

anything