Author Topic: drumroom soundproof on the cheap? Help!  (Read 2329 times)

mike

drumroom soundproof on the cheap? Help!
« on: June 16, 2001, 10:04:32 AM »
Room dimensions; 15ftx11ft,8ft high. The exterior of room is stucco; interior is 1/2in drywall for both walls and celings w/standard r-33 insulation. floor is carpeted slab. A 2x4 frame was built and laied on top of the slab,in the middle of the room covered w/ 1/2in plywood w/ padding and carpet; no insulation.
My idea is to just build a 4 walled cinder block room inside of the existing room. the 2x4 flooring is constructed in such a way it will fit W/ room to spare inside the cinder block room. The cinder rooms exterior won't touch the existing room walls either. With regards to the walls,will this work at all? If not, is there a better alternative that wont break me?
keep in mind the need to preserve the cheap aspect of this project and that it doesnt need to be completely soundproof.

bjnash

Re: drumroom soundproof on the cheap? Help!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2001, 04:50:06 AM »
: Room dimensions; 15ftx11ft,8ft high. The exterior of room is stucco; interior is 1/2in drywall for both walls and celings w/standard r-33 insulation. floor is carpeted slab. A 2x4 frame was built and laied on top of the slab,in the middle of the room covered w/ 1/2in plywood w/ padding and carpet; no insulation.
:  My idea is to just build a 4 walled cinder block room inside of the existing room. the 2x4 flooring is constructed in such a way it will fit W/ room to spare inside the cinder block room. The cinder rooms exterior won't touch the existing room walls either. With regards to the walls,will this work at all? If not, is there a better alternative that wont break me?
: keep in mind the need to preserve the cheap aspect of this project and that it doesnt need to be completely soundproof.
Hmmm, DRUMS?  A "room-within-a-room" would probably be the only answer.

anything