Author Topic: Another duplex/apartment question  (Read 3418 times)


  • Guest
Another duplex/apartment question
« on: May 12, 2010, 06:08:30 PM »
Hey. I live in a duplex; one neighbor but of course it's just drywall/poor insulation separating us. Problem(s): I can hear them talking, which is irritating. I thought about blocking it with TV sound, but they have young kids. I don't want any complaints. Also, I'm thinking of doing some guitar playing. I looked at the Foam Mini-Wedges Panel Tfw1000. They seemed expensive, but would be worth it. Silence is golden. Is this the most economical answer? The panel sizing would be convenient. Some places would need to be modified (cut). Is it fairly easy to do this?

Please let me know your recommendation.  :P


  • Guest
Re: Another duplex/apartment question
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 06:15:20 PM »
Another question to my post: What methods are there for applying this without adhesive? Also, for relatively "minimal" noise, is this a good choice of thickness? I usually go middle of the road to be on the safe yet economical side.

Randy S

  • Senior Soundproofing Technical Specialist
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 819
    • Super Soundproofing Co
Re: Another duplex/apartment question
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 07:33:05 PM »
The panels you mention are for acoustical conditioning of a room .. not for sound control thru the walls...

There are a few methods of addressing this type of sound control, some are more aggresive then others.
Why dont you contact me directly and we can discuss a couple methods which will help you make clear decisions on this project.

Randy S.
760-752-3030 ext 104
Randy Sieg

Super Soundproofing Co
Ph. 760-752-3030