Author Topic: help with a very loudly beeping appliance  (Read 1635 times)

Meg

help with a very loudly beeping appliance
« on: May 13, 2010, 11:34:59 PM »
Hi!  I'm also looking for help with a loud treadmill, except in this case it's not the noise it makes when I run, it's the *extremely* loud beeping it does all the time (at startup, and any time I press a button).  The sound is ear-splitting, and I would do anything to get rid of it -- or at least dampen it somewhat.  Not only does it really hurt my ears, but it's got to be much worse for my two pet rabbits (who have extra sensitive hearing).  I've called the manufacturer and they say there's no way to disable the beep by clipping a wire or anything, and it doesn't come through the machine's normal speakers but is a separate unit soldered into (and encased in) the center of the upper console. 

I know nothing about soundproofing, but is there any way I can wrap the upper console in some sort of material that would help lessen this sharp noise?  Or are there other methods I should look into?  I'm willing to make sacrifices (e.g., not being able to see the display) if necessary to abate this awfully loud noise!  Thank you so much for your help.