Author Topic: Ceilling Soundproofing  (Read 3676 times)

Simon Mander

Ceilling Soundproofing
« on: December 21, 2000, 09:21:03 AM »
I was wondering if anyone could give any advice on soundproofing my ceilling.  The intention is to stop noise coming into the flat as oppose to the other way round.  The source of the noise is the flat owner walking around in heavy shoes on wooden flooring.  I have spoken to the gentleman but he doesn't care.
The area of the celling is 13m2
Regards
Simon Mander

bjnash

Re: Ceilling Soundproofing
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2000, 07:12:51 PM »
: I was wondering if anyone could give any advice on soundproofing my ceilling.  The intention is to stop noise coming into the flat as oppose to the other way round.  The source of the noise is the flat owner walking around in heavy shoes on wooden flooring.  I have spoken to the gentleman but he doesn't care.
: The area of the celling is 13m2
: Regards
: Simon Mander
The info you require is at the web page mentioned

Jeff Kleinberger

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2000, 03:22:02 AM »
: I was wondering if anyone could give any advice on soundproofing my ceilling.  The intention is to stop noise coming into the flat as oppose to the other way round.  The source of the noise is the flat owner walking around in heavy shoes on wooden flooring.  I have spoken to the gentleman but he doesn't care.

Jeff Kleinberger

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2000, 03:25:11 AM »

Simon,
I have a very similar and disturbing issue in my condo as well. I have not only approached my neighbors three times myself but had the condo board write a letter to them. They just have no concept or care about others and their piece of mind. If you have any ideas or people with suggestions I could use some tips as well. My ceilings are going to have to be filled with a sound absorbant material such as foam or treated paper. I will be looking into this option for the upcoming spring. Keep me posted please.
Jeff

bjnash

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2000, 04:20:53 AM »

:
: Simon,
: I have a very similar and disturbing issue in my condo as well. I have not only approached my neighbors three times myself but had the condo board write a letter to them. They just have no concept or care about others and their peace of mind. If you have any ideas or people with suggestions I could use some tips as well. My ceilings are going to have to be filled with a sound absorbant material such as foam or treated paper. I will be looking into this option for the upcoming spring. Keep me posted please.
: Jeff
Be careful that what you sue will actually do the job!  Many people call here who have used such materials and express less than satisfied results!

anything