Author Topic: soundproofing a room for a band  (Read 2199 times)

alexandra osuna

soundproofing a room for a band
« on: July 16, 2001, 07:23:45 AM »
hello... i currently have a bedroom that i can soundproof. i also have a carport that i can completely enclose with concrete. which do you think would be better, if i built the carport enclosure with soundproofing in mind, or should i try to soundproof the already existing bedroom(made of concrete block? what would be the advantages? the carport is near the steet, the bedroom is in the back of house.
thanks!

bjnash

Re: soundproofing a room for a band
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2001, 04:44:03 AM »
: hello... i currently have a bedroom that i can soundproof. i also have a carport that i can completely enclose with concrete. which do you think would be better, if i built the carport enclosure with soundproofing in mind, or should i try to soundproof the already existing bedroom(made of concrete block? what would be the advantages? the carport is near the steet, the bedroom is in the back of house.
You'll know how to make that decision after reading about practice rooms for musical instruments on the website here.  I won't give you directions to the links, but make it interesting for you in finding them!  Tip: look at the big yellow box at the very top of the home page of this website!