Author Topic: Speaker Placement on Shared Wall  (Read 3267 times)

T(D) Wilson

Speaker Placement on Shared Wall
« on: July 30, 2001, 09:10:07 PM »
Hello,
I am moving into a new apartment in two weeks that has a wall shared with neighbors in what will be my listening room.  I am planning bookshelves (filled with books, of course) along the entire length of, and 6" - 1 ft. away from, the shared wall.
 Which is the better speaker placement to cause the least noise for my new neighbors:
 (a) Along the same shared wall as the bookshelves facing away from the neighbors
 (b) Along the opposite wall facing back towards my neighbors
 Choice "a" has the mids and highs pointed away from the neighbors but are closer to them for more bass problems while Choice "b" has the bass farther away but the mids and highs headed straight for the neighbors.
ANY ADVICE?!
 Thank you!!!

bjnash

Re: Speaker Placement on Shared Wall
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2001, 03:34:42 AM »
: Hello,
:  I am moving into a new apartment in two weeks that has a wall shared with neighbors in what will be my listening room.  I am planning bookshelves (filled with books, of course) along the entire length of, and 6" - 1 ft. away from, the shared wall.
:   Which is the better speaker placement to cause the least noise for my new neighbors:
:   (a) Along the same shared wall as the bookshelves facing away from the neighbors
:   (b) Along the opposite wall facing back towards my neighbors
:   Choice "a" has the mids and highs pointed away from the neighbors but are closer to them for more bass problems while Choice "b" has the bass farther away but the mids and highs headed straight for the neighbors.
:  ANY ADVICE?!
:   Thank you!!!
"B"  ( and there are lots more you can do!)