Author Topic: SOUNDPROOFING A GARAGE  (Read 3622 times)

Steve Stamp

SOUNDPROOFING A GARAGE
« on: August 01, 2001, 03:09:52 PM »
Help! i've just soundproofed my garage only to find out that it does not work very well, i just cannot stop the bottom end from getting out,i've used the following materials,2 by 4 studding,packed with rockwall,polystyrene/plasterboard and then carpet,the sound seems to be escaping from the roof which is apestos sheeting. is there any thing else i can do to stop this problem.

bjnash

Re: SOUNDPROOFING A GARAGE
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2001, 03:18:36 AM »

: Help! i've just soundproofed my garage only to find out that it does not work very well, i just cannot stop the bottom end from getting out,i've used the following materials,2 by 4 studding,packed with rockwall,polystyrene/plasterboard and then carpet,the sound seems to be escaping from the roof which is apestos sheeting. is there any thing else i can do to stop this problem.
Should've read the book first to see how to do it, rather than last to see what went wrong...
The polystyrene made it worse, probably negating the positive things you did.  

ripper

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2001, 08:10:00 AM »
: : Help! i've just soundproofed my garage only to find out that it does not work very well, i just cannot stop the bottom end from getting out,i've used the following materials,2 by 4 studding,packed with rockwall,polystyrene/plasterboard and then carpet,the sound seems to be escaping from the roof which is apestos sheeting. is there any thing else i can do to stop this problem.
: Should've read the book first to see how to do it, rather than last to see what went wrong...
: The polystyrene made it worse, probably negating the positive things you did.  

bonecold

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2001, 08:12:10 AM »
: : Help! i've just soundproofed my garage only to find out that it does not work very well, i just cannot stop the bottom end from getting out,i've used the following materials,2 by 4 studding,packed with rockwall,polystyrene/plasterboard and then carpet,the sound seems to be escaping from the roof which is apestos sheeting. is there any thing else i can do to stop this problem.
: Should've read the book first to see how to do it, rather than last to see what went wrong...
: The polystyrene made it worse, probably negating the positive things you did.  

and a negative response to a positive inquiry helps nothing

anything