Author Topic: Condo Neighbor's TV  (Read 3448 times)

Susan

Condo Neighbor's TV
« on: August 14, 2001, 02:03:12 PM »
I hear my neighbor's TV and radio through the wall.  I don't hear the neighbor, just his TV and radio.  I don't have alot of money but I would really like to hear my TV instead of his.  Can you help me before I have to be admitted to a padded room?!

bjnash

Re: Condo Neighbor's TV
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2001, 04:06:02 AM »
: I hear my neighbor's TV and radio through the wall.  I don't hear the neighbor, just his TV and radio.  I don't have alot of money but I would really like to hear my TV instead of his.  Can you help me before I have to be admitted to a padded room?!
Read up on what to do at this link below!

Susan

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2001, 07:41:54 PM »
: : I hear my neighbor's TV and radio through the wall.  I don't hear the neighbor, just his TV and radio.  I don't have alot of money but I would really like to hear my TV instead of his.  Can you help me before I have to be admitted to a padded room?!
: Read up on what to do at this link below!
The TV isn't coming from upstairs, it's my next door neightbor....

Charles Martyn

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2001, 08:47:05 PM »
: I hear my neighbor's TV
I see dead people (sorry could not resist)
Anyhow, the same principles apply. The speaker in the TV is a horrid little resonant piece directly coupled to the TV's cabinet which is no doubt directly coupled to the floor in some way. TV sets are nice and heavy and therefore all of the cabinet vibration is pushed into the floor. Your neighbors floor connects directly to (in case of them living above you) to your ceiling OR (in case of them living beside you) to your floor.
There is a chance that the TV is resting on a dresser or some other such piece of furniture that is placed against your wall as well. Whatever the case, It needs to have some mat under the thing. Even a piece of carpet would help somewhat.

anything