Author Topic: Sound proofing Toyota tercel  (Read 4191 times)

John

Sound proofing Toyota tercel
« on: August 16, 2001, 11:16:01 PM »
I have a Toyota Tercel that I use for a commuter and my only complaint is the road noise. I wanted to confirm what you had said about insulating the hood and that would quiet down the inside of the car. is that correct. Also the carpeting is in good shape I just wanted to lift if up and put down the insulation plus do the trunk, doors and side panels is 1/4 inch reasonable  for those areas and the hood. How much is gained by going more
thanks for your help

Alan

Any answers to this one? - B J Nash??
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2001, 12:30:00 PM »
As I would like to know also!

Paul Andrews

Re: Sound proofing Toyota tercel
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2001, 04:32:56 AM »
: I have a Toyota Tercel that I use for a commuter and my only complaint is the road noise. I wanted to confirm what you had said about insulating the hood and that would quiet down the inside of the car. is that correct. Also the carpeting is in good shape I just wanted to lift if up and put down the insulation plus do the trunk, doors and side panels is 1/4 inch reasonable  for those areas and the hood. How much is gained by going more
: thanks for your help

Lance J. Ferraro

Re: Any answers to this one? - B J Nash??
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2002, 02:28:22 PM »
: As I would like to know also!
I put extensive time into trying to quiet my 4wd Tercel wagon.  I put rubber insulation under carpets, against the fire wall, inside the door panels and headliner.  There was no perceived reduction in sound.  I feel this is due to noise transmitted through the cars steel structure, and that couldn't be improved without different bushings in the suspension.  One positive result of the insulation was improved performance of the A/C.
Lance

anything