Author Topic: Townhouse-Best Solution to sound proof common wall in various rooms?  (Read 4975 times)

SnowmanUT

We can hear their TV through our shared wall in the living room, master bedroom, and front door entry shared wall as well as talking, walking, chairs moving on tile, kids jumping on tile, kids jumping off the stairs down to the tile, and snoring. The most annoying is the sound transmission in the living room and master bedroom which we want to remedy. From what I checked from pulling a wall plate there is 5/8 drywall & no insulation in the shared wall. The owners before us finished the basement but didn't put insulation in the ceiling so noise travels from my own floor to the basement as well and I think it might be adding to the sound transmission problem.

What are your suggestions from cheap to expensive:

I have looked at the extra layer of drywall with green glue option, cellulose recommend by an insulation company (no convinced), or tearing down the drywall and doing what is recommended by you all? Please help as we are at our wits end.

Randy S

Re: Townhouse-Best Solution to sound proof common wall in various rooms?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 05:27:45 PM »
ok if you want to know the different levels of soundproofing than it would be best to contact me directly and we can discuss options and results based off the different systems that can be installed.

Randy S.
760-752-3030 ext. 104

anything