Author Topic: Volvo 850R Doors.  (Read 3500 times)

Trev

Volvo 850R Doors.
« on: August 28, 2001, 07:27:50 AM »
I have a 1996 Volvo 850R.  I am getting vibrations on both rear doors from my sound system.  I want to stop the doors (both outside panel and inside) from vibrating but don't know what to use.  I have been told that you have to be very careful because water does run down the door and depending on what I use it may rot. ?????????

nathanial

Re: Volvo 850R Doors.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2001, 10:57:51 PM »
have you tried dynamat available at your local stereo store. this is a tar type laminant that would never rot.
nathanial (except my swede is a saab.)

Anton's 1997 Volvo 850R Wagon

Re: Volvo 850R Doors.
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2001, 04:47:07 PM »
I just added original Dynamat in the rear gate and all 4 doors.  It appears that the vibrations in the rear doors may in fact come from the locking mechanism found in the latch area.  There appears to be a significant amount of play there and it would not suprise me if that is causing the rattling.  I placed Dynamat across the upper and lower portions of the door, as well as inside the door where the speaker is.  The install is not for the faint of heart, its easy work but time consuming if you want it done right. Give yourself enough time to figure out how to remove the trim panels...
- Anton