Super Soundproofing Community Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our forum specially upgraded for faster searching and a higher level of soundproofing information.

Your question may have already been answered!
Use your KEYWORD in our search function before posting a query!
This forum is operated as a public service by the Super Soundproofing Co, whose experts are standing by to help you with any soundproofing situation.

Author Topic: www.soundproofwindowtreatments.com  (Read 3543 times)

Chris J

www.soundproofwindowtreatments.com
« on: November 05, 2011, 05:44:18 AM »

I made the mistake of purchasing windows from this company, upon receipt I realized they were simply Mon-Ray exterior storm windows with a rather lame improvised method for mounting them inside the primary window. Among other things a major bummer is that the ugly "hardware" side of the window is facing into the room while the nice aesthetically pleasing side is hidden behind the primary window, obviously not a dedicated interior window. They arrived with manufacturing flaws in the mounting hardware which made them uninstallable..... We paid over $700 a window because they were represented by the seller as dedicated interior windows like the soundproofwindow.com product. I can honestly say they are junk in comparison as I now own both products. The sales person/owner of the company turned hostile after we asked for a refund. Beware of Soundproof Window Treatments, AKA Mass Soundproof.

johnbergstromslc

Re: www.soundproofwindowtreatments.com
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 02:11:58 AM »

I've said for a long time, 'soundproof' windows are a ripoff.  You can get the same reduction of noise with the addition locally-purchased storm windows, assuming they are installed well.

Chris J

Re: www.soundproofwindowtreatments.com
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 03:37:53 AM »

I should say the people at Mon-ray are quite nice and I'm sure it's a quality product but it was misrepresented by www.soundproofwindowtreatments.com as a dedicated interior window when it is really an exterior/interior window.....the nice looking side is hidden against the prime window. Could anyone price out a Mon-Ray series 500 storm window? Something tells me they sell for less than $700 a unit though!