Author Topic: Barking and GG sandwhiches  (Read 6973 times)

Socalpaws

Barking and GG sandwhiches
« on: January 19, 2012, 02:17:49 AM »
Jeez, is this forum a ghost town or wha...  *virtual tumbleweed rolls by*

So if there's anyone still alive here to answer this, why has nobody brought up GREEN GLUE "SANDWHICHES"? (No I'm not talking about self-mutilation with odd food combinations. Green glue compound + 2  5/8" drywall). Wouldn't this work to solve any barking issue? This seems to be the miracle budget soundproofing method from what I've gathered in my research and speaking with soundproofing pro's.

I bring this up because I have a similar issue with trying to setup a very small (30-35 sq ft) soundproof studio OR 3x3 booth for voiceover and such, and as of now the poor neglected white lab accross the street can be heard from inside the garage where I'm building this mini-studio.

For dog barking, would I need to incorporate additional things like natural cotton fiber insul/metal studs/MLV/?

supersoundproofing

• Administrator
  • I love Super Soundproofing!
    • Super Soundproofing Co
Re: Barking and GG sandwhiches
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 04:00:35 AM »
Jeez, is this fom a ghost town or wha...  *virtual tumbleweed rolls by*

So if there's anyone still alive here to answer this, why has nobody brought up GREEN GLUE "SANDWHICHES"? (No I'm not talking about self-mutilation with odd food combinations. Green glue compound + 2  5/8" drywall). Wouldn't this work to solve any barking issue? This seems to be the miracle budget soundproofing method from what I've gathered in my research and speaking with soundproofing pro's.

I bring this up because I have a similar issue with trying to setup a very small (30-35 sq ft) soundproof studio OR 3x3 booth for voiceover and such, and as of now the poor neglected white lab accross the street can be heard from inside the garage where I'm building this mini-studio.

For dog barking, would I need to incorporate additional things like natural cotton fiber insul/metal studs/MLV/?

Dog barking is most difficult to deal with- you can't hang your hat on one solution like Green Glue".  It would take a combination of materials to deal with the many frequencys that make up a dogs bark.

A more simple solution would be to deal with it at the dog.  One solution is http://www.laughing-dog.org

Where are these "Virtual tumbleweeds you refer to?

Super Soundproofing Co
www.soundproofing.org

Socalpaws

Re: Barking and GG sandwhiches
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 02:50:29 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I would've checked in sooner but I assumed it would notify me via email when I got a response :-p
Anyway, yah I see your point and that might be a useful thing for the neighbor and for dogs I foster too. I will look into that. Thanks ;)

And regarding the virtual tumbleweeds, here you go. I caught one for ya...

anything