Author Topic: Cafeteria Kitchen noise reduction  (Read 3637 times)

Craig

Cafeteria Kitchen noise reduction
« on: October 01, 2001, 07:15:55 PM »
I have noise problems in a cafeteria kitchen.  This kitchen is active from 6am to 8pm.  Noise levels are averaging about 91 decibels in the dishwashing and cooking area.  The dishwasher is a large counter mounted unit.  The dishwasher and counters are stainless steel.  The employee washing/stacking the dishes and stainless steel buffet serving trays is exposed to the highest noise levels.  The kitchen is constructed with cinderblock walls, tile floor, and high plaster ceiling.  I would appreciate any advice.  

bjnash

Re: Cafeteria Kitchen noise reduction
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2001, 05:20:01 AM »
: I have noise problems in a cafeteria kitchen.  This kitchen is active from 6am to 8pm.  Noise levels are averaging about 91 decibels in the dishwashing and cooking area.  The dishwasher is a large counter mounted unit.  The dishwasher and counters are stainless steel.  The employee washing/stacking the dishes and stainless steel buffet serving trays is exposed to the highest noise levels.  The kitchen is constructed with cinderblock walls, tile floor, and high plaster ceiling.  I would appreciate any advice.  
Lining the room as much as possible with our "Super Soundproofing Mat" has proved very effective in reducing this type of reverbent noise.  It's non-absorbent so can be washed.  Use the 1/2" material for best results.  

anything