Author Topic: Fibreglass Bathtub  (Read 3435 times)

Gary McKeaver

Fibreglass Bathtub
« on: October 05, 2001, 09:34:55 PM »
My house was built in 1977. One of my tubs is fibreglass and very noisy.Filling the tub is louder than the shower.I believe the water noise is being magnified by the drum effect of the tub. There is no insulation present.I now have access to the cavity around the tub throught the wall on the plumbing end and from below and would like to insulate if it would help.What material should I use? Fibreglass, rubber or styrofoam or other? Would it also help to insulate the pipes?

bjnash

Re: Fibreglass Bathtub
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2001, 05:10:06 AM »
: My house was built in 1977. One of my tubs is fibreglass and very noisy.Filling the tub is louder than the shower.I believe the water noise is being magnified by the drum effect of the tub. There is no insulation present.I now have access to the cavity around the tub throught the wall on the plumbing end and from below and would like to insulate if it would help.What material should I use? Fibreglass, rubber or styrofoam or other? Would it also help to insulate the pipes?
Just glueing soundproofing foam to it should do it!  Use something rather heavy, like our 1" "Super Soundproofing mat" see it at the chart on the prices page.

anything