Author Topic: soundproofing at $0  (Read 3804 times)

Lynne

soundproofing at $0
« on: October 06, 2001, 06:50:43 PM »
I am a counselor in a school,just gave me a room to do groups with windows on each side overlooking classrooms.  Conversations are confidential, so I need to do something to the windows and have NO budget.  I'm lucky to have a room.  Any ideas?? Keep hearing egg cartons won't work.  how about those foam pads for beds that are waffle like?  Any hints will help

bjnash

Re: soundproofing at $0
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2001, 03:35:59 AM »
: I am a counselor in a school,just gave me a room to do groups with windows on each side overlooking classrooms.  Conversations are confidential, so I need to do something to the windows and have NO budget.  I'm lucky to have a room.  Any ideas?? Keep hearing egg cartons won't work.  how about those foam pads for beds that are waffle like?  Any hints will help
Asphalt roll roofing is cheap, fairly effective - if you don't mind the smell of asphalt...

CASEY THOMPSON

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2002, 01:26:23 AM »
: : I am a counselor in a school,just gave me a room to do groups with windows on each side overlooking classrooms.  Conversations are confidential, so I need to do something to the windows and have NO budget.  I'm lucky to have a room.  Any ideas?? Keep hearing egg cartons won't work.  how about those foam pads for beds that are waffle like?  Any hints will help
: Asphalt roll roofing is cheap, fairly effective - if you don't mind the smell of asphalt...

CASEY THOMPSON

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2002, 01:31:53 AM »
: YOU MIGHT TRY THAT PACKING MATERIAL, YOU KNOW THE KIND YOU CAN POP BETWEEN YOUR FINGERS?  IT IS CHEAP, OFTEN $O.OO IF YOU ASK AROUND, AND IT IS ALSO SEE THRU, TO A CERTAIN, EXTENT, LETTING LIGHT THRU..NICE INSULATING PROPERTIES..GOOD LUCK, CASEY AND BECKY......