Author Topic: not much space to spare  (Read 3362 times)

Cheryl Turney

not much space to spare
« on: December 29, 2000, 06:47:58 PM »
Hey there,
I am in a band and we need to soundproof the room that we are jamming in.  The house is rented, so I was planning on using the technique discussed in the section on soundproofing the apartment.  I know that won't be the best, but the houses around us are a fair distance from us, so it should be okay.
The one question I have is this: The room already borders on almost too small for us to jam in--we cannot spare to lose six inches on each side for soundproofing.  Can we soundproof the OTHER side of the walls (for example, soundproof the livingroom side instead of the side in the jamming room) or will this be ineffective?  Or, if this won't work, does anyone have any soundproofing suggestions that will take up less space?
Thanks.

bjnash

Re: not much space to spare
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2001, 01:36:41 AM »
: Hey there,
: I am in a band and we need to soundproof the room that we are jamming in.  The house is rented, so I was planning on using the technique discussed in the section on soundproofing the apartment.  I know that won't be the best, but the houses around us are a fair distance from us, so it should be okay.
: The one question I have is this: The room already borders on almost too small for us to jam in--we cannot spare to lose six inches on each side for soundproofing.  Can we soundproof the OTHER side of the walls (for example, soundproof the livingroom side instead of the side in the jamming room) or will this be ineffective?  Or, if this won't work, does anyone have any soundproofing suggestions that will take up less space?
: Thanks.
Sure, this will work, usually.  Bear in mind it is the windows that are the biggest problem, but soundproofing on the opposite wall will work fine - The ceiling and floor need to be done too...

anything