Author Topic: Is there a spray foam sound insulation product for restricted access areas?  (Read 1381 times)

srj19

Hello,

I have a scenario where I'd like some sound proofing and impact reduction and the situation would be that I could remove part of the existing ceiling but not completely if possible. I know it's better to pull the entire ceiling but I'm desperate and can't swing a total removal at this time.

To mean that leaves (possibly) a spray foam that could be applies 6-8 feet down the inside of the ceiling joists with the ceiling below still intact with a wand and hose or something.

Am I way off in fantasy land or does such a solution exist?

Thanks,

Scott

supersoundproofing

• Administrator
  • I love Super Soundproofing!
    • Super Soundproofing Co
Hello,

I have a scenario where I'd like some sound proofing and impact reduction and the situation would be that I could remove part of the existing ceiling but not completely if possible. I know it's better to pull the entire ceiling but I'm desperate and can't swing a total removal at this time.

To mean that leaves (possibly) a spray foam that could be applies 6-8 feet down the inside of the ceiling joists with the ceiling below still intact with a wand and hose or something.

Am I way off in fantasy land or does such a solution exist?

Thanks,

Scott

Sorry, Scott, won't work for lots of reasons, the most important is that spray foam is not a sound insulator, it's a expediter.

The foam makes a better sound path for sound to follow, increasing the sound transmission!

Another reason is that sound is transmitted thru the joists so placing something alongside them doesn't do much.

BJ
Super Soundproofing Co
www.soundproofing.org

anything