Author Topic: Brand new house Bad soundproofing Party wall  (Read 4300 times)

lowexr

Brand new house Bad soundproofing Party wall
« on: December 17, 2012, 02:51:07 AM »
We just bought a new Duplex. The sondproofing of the party wall is so bad. We can hear all the impact noise coming from the appartment besid us.

It's a wood frame duplex.

Our contractor have undo our party wall and re-constructed,  Still noisy. He hired sound expert but he can't find the probelm.

I did a lot of research and I found that the party wall desing could be the problem

On the left is our wall desing and on the right side, the way it sould be done according to some people i've ask:(Btw I'm french sorry)

is there any sound expert that coul help us!!

supersoundproofing

• Administrator
  • I love Super Soundproofing!
    • Super Soundproofing Co
Re: Brand new house Bad soundproofing Party wall
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 01:06:31 AM »
We just bought a new Duplex. The sondproofing of the party wall is so bad. We can hear all the impact noise coming from the appartment besid us.

It's a wood frame duplex.

Our contractor have undo our party wall and re-constructed,  Still noisy. He hired sound expert but he can't find the probelm.

I did a lot of research and I found that the party wall desing could be the problem

On the left is our wall design and on the right side, the way it should be done according to some people i've ask:(Btw I'm french sorry)

is there any sound expert that coul help us!!

Yes, you are right, the walls must be separated more without touching.  (And they must have some sound blocking mass too).

BJ
Super Soundproofing Co
www.soundproofing.org

anything