Author Topic: Walls facing Street  (Read 2987 times)

Joe Deckard

Walls facing Street
« on: October 30, 2001, 01:32:10 AM »
Hello Sir,
I have a house which faces a busy street. I am putting wood siding up over the existing plywood and am interested in possibly putting some soundproofing material between the plywood and the siding. I am planing on changing the windows out to Laminated Dual Glass Milgard Fiberglass.
Can you advise what sound proofing material would be appropriate to put between the new strips of wood siding and the existing grooved plywood installed on the house. Also any installation instructions would be greatly appreciated.
Best Regards,
Joe

bjnash

Re: Walls facing Street
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2001, 04:45:54 AM »
: Hello Sir,
: I have a house which faces a busy street. I am putting wood siding up over the existing plywood and am interested in possibly putting some soundproofing material between the plywood and the siding. I am planing on changing the windows out to Laminated Dual Glass Milgard Fiberglass.
: Can you advise what sound proofing material would be appropriate to put between the new strips of wood siding and the existing grooved plywood installed on the house. Also any installation instructions would be greatly appreciated.
: Best Regards,
: Joe
 This is an easy one: use our lead, or "SIlencer" flooring.  See the link below.