Author Topic: Aesthetically Pleasing Industrial Quality Sound Barrier  (Read 1638 times)

itstomholt

Aesthetically Pleasing Industrial Quality Sound Barrier
« on: June 12, 2013, 12:36:14 PM »
So glad I found this forum.  I'm working on a dormitory construction project and we have a chiller the size of a tractor trailer.  Due to the size it needs industrial quality sound control, but due to the location it can't look industrial.  If anyone knows some good products that fit these requirements, I would be more than grateful.  I've been researching all morning, but I'd like to hear from some people with experience.  Thanks!

jhbrandt

Re: Aesthetically Pleasing Industrial Quality Sound Barrier
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 07:00:53 AM »
Tom,

Sorry, this reply is so late. I need more information for you project in order to advise... but there are basically 2 ways you can do this:

If your noise problem is structural, you must Isolate the unit - depending on the offending frequency - either on rubber mounts or spring mounts.

Option 1. Build an isolated enclosure. Air-tight, heavy, etc.

Option 2. Construct a padded Tent that completely covers and encloses the unit. Inside the padding will be multiple layers of MLV. This option provides a versatile, removable, and completely accessible enclosure. When 'in place' this tent will seal completely with heavy overlapping sections.

Cheers,
John

anything