Author Topic: outdoor enclosure  (Read 2916 times)

dave

outdoor enclosure
« on: November 13, 2001, 06:40:23 PM »
I would like to make a large outside enclosure for a work area using loud machinery (saws, grinders, air compressor, sandblaster, etc). Due to the hazardous nature and potential fumes, I'd like to keep at least one side open, but could orient it towards a heavily wooded hill.
Would lining the inside walls with Asphault roofing help deaden some of the noise?
Could I use some of this or similar materials to create angled baffles for a roof or walls?
I'm not concerned about the noise inside, since I wear good ear protection, but I would like to contain or direct the noise away from my neighbors.

bjnash

Re: outdoor enclosure
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2001, 10:04:30 PM »
: I would like to make a large outside enclosure for a work area using loud machinery (saws, grinders, air compressor, sandblaster, etc). Due to the hazardous nature and potential fumes, I'd like to keep at least one side open, but could orient it towards a heavily wooded hill.
:  Would lining the inside walls with Asphault roofing help deaden some of the noise?
:  Could I use some of this or similar materials to create angled baffles for a roof or walls?
:  I'm not concerned about the noise inside, since I wear good ear protection, but I would like to contain or direct the noise away from my neighbors.

Yes, lining the walls will help.  Keep the open wall area as small as possible.  

anything