Super Soundproofing Community Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  


Welcome to our forum specially upgraded for faster searching and a higher level of soundproofing information.

 Your question may have already been answered!
Use your KEYWORD in our search function before posting a query!
This forum is operated as a public service by the Super Soundproofing Co, whose experts are standing by to help you with any soundproofing situation.

Author Topic: Able to soundproof door without door modifications?  (Read 2780 times)


  • Guest
Able to soundproof door without door modifications?
« on: December 07, 2014, 03:46:45 AM »

Hi, I've been reading up on various door sweeps and such to help soundproof a door, which all look great but they all seem to require some sort of tape or screws to the door.

Is there anything that can be done effectively without nails or tape?  My friend moved his studio (plays acoustic guitar) to a place that has hollow doors with an approximate 3/4" gap at the bottom; and unfortunately he can't alter the door with screws or tape.  I was thinking of putting something at the bottom to help "seal" out the gap below and then using a double layer of Audimute blankets over the door.

The only things I found that might help some are these two products.  Does anyone know of anything else more effective?

Thanks for any responses.

Randy S

  • Senior Soundproofing Technical Specialist
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 815
    • Super Soundproofing Co
Re: Able to soundproof door without door modifications?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 04:23:32 PM »

unfortunately, the hollow core will make any attempt at soundproofing seem pretty minimal.
you might see some reduction by sealing up the door, but with out mass your not going to be happy with the results.

Randy S.
Randy Sieg

Super Soundproofing Co
Ph. 760-752-3030


  • Guest
Re: Able to soundproof door without door modifications?
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 07:24:22 AM »

I want to ask about this increase.