Author Topic: soundproofing a loft floor in a barn  (Read 3537 times)

anser

soundproofing a loft floor in a barn
« on: December 14, 2000, 12:57:49 AM »
i have a wood framed loft in a new post+beam barn. i want to deaden as much sound as possible from people walking around on the loft. I haven't actually put any floor in at all yet.  What should I do (and what can I buy) to achieve the desired effect?  Size is 8'x24'.

bjnash

Re: soundproofing a loft floor in a barn
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2000, 05:27:10 PM »
: i have a wood framed loft in a new post+beam barn. i want to deaden as much sound as possible from people walking around on the loft. I haven't actually put any floor in at all yet.  What should I do (and what can I buy) to achieve the desired effect?  Size is 8'x24'.
If the construction of the floor is what you need to know, You may want to get a copy of the EPA reprint:  "Quieting: A practical Guide to Noise Control", we've reprinted it as a public service and it's available for just postage and the photo copying costs - $15 PP ($18 Foreign). You can order from the web site with your credit card! http://www.soundproofing.org/infopages/EPAmanual.htm
The link below will describ how to use our "Silencer" flooring to soundproof your floor.

anything